Dr. Yedan Li
Chinese Lawyer / Counsel China Desk
Yedan Li studied at the Dalian University of Technology, Xiamen University in China, and at the University of Taiwan. In 2008, she qualified to practice law in China. In 2015, she received her doctoral degree at the University of Amsterdam. Before starting her work with Thümmel Schütze in 2019, she worked as an assistant professor and practised law at a leading Chinese law firm.
Yedan Li mainly advises Chinese enterprises with investments in Germany and German enterprises with investments in China. She has gained extensive experience in cross-border transactions and compliance with German and Chinese laws.
Her clients include Chinese state-owned enterprises, listed companies and private investors.
German, English, Chinese
+49 (0)711 1667 161
Main areas of activity
- Corporate & Commercial
- Consultation of Chinese investors for the purchase of German corporations or greenfield investments
- Consultation of Chinese clients regarding compliance with requirements of Labour, IP law and dispute resolution in Germany
- Consultation of German clients with investments in China
- Li, Yedan, Joris Kocken, and Benjamin Van Rooij. "Understanding China's Court Mediation Surge: Insights from a Local Court." Law & Social Inquiry 43.1 (2018): 58-81.
- Li, Yedan, and Rick Verschoof. "Mediating Judges in China and the Netherlands: An Empirical Comparison." International Journal for Court Administration, Vol. 9. (2017).
- Consiglio, Elena, and Yedan Li. "Legal education in China: The emerging of a legal profession? a weberian perspective." Revista general de derecho público comparado 22 (2017): 16.
- Li, Yedan, "From “Access to Justice” to “Barrier to Justice”? An Empirical Examination of Chinese Court-Annexed Mediation." Asian Journal of Law and Society 3.2 (2016): 377-397.