Robert Vieweger, MBL
Robert Vieweger studied law at the University of Köln and completed the master’s programme in commercial law (Master of Business Law (MBL)) with a focus on tax and accounting law and auditing. He was admitted to the bar in 2006 and practised in various commercial law offices in Köln, Düsseldorf and Tokyo. He joined Thümmel Schütze in 2012 and directs the office in Singapore. In addition to his German licence, Robert Vieweger was admitted as a registered foreign lawyer at the Legal Services Authority in Singapore.
Robert Vieweger has special expertise in international contract, commercial and corporate law. The focus of his advisory practice lies in corporate, labour and distribution law structuring of mainly German investments in Singapore and cross-border corporate and real estate transactions, including restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
Robert Vieweger advises German and foreign enterprises in forensic matters and supports and conducts arbitration and international court proceedings. In addition, he supports the projects of German investors in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and other ASEAN member states and advises corporations from these jurisdictions on their investments in Germany.
+65 (0)6994 4528
Main areas of activity
- Corporate & Commercial
- Employment Law
- Worldwide Conflict Resolution
- Before joining Thümmel Schütze, Robert Vieweger worked as a lawyer in Düsseldorf and Tokyo and advised German and foreign clients mainly in the fields of corporate and commercial law, M&A transactions, restructuring projects and international contract law
- During his three years of practice in Japan, Robert Vieweger was admitted to the Tokyo Bar Association as a registered foreign lawyer (Gaikokuho-Jimu-Bengoshi) and rendered legal services for German companies in Japan, advising on various projects for subsidiaries, branches, joint ventures and local distribution structures. This also includes restructuring projects and international group insolvency proceedings involving Japan
- ESMEA (European Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Association)
- Recht der Internationalen Wirtschaft (RIW) – Verfasser des Länderreports Singapur (seit 2013)